- 6 egg whites
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 3 green cardamom
- 150 g granulated sugar
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- pinch of salt
For the cream:
- 500 ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Turkish coffee (heaping)
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 40 g corn starch
- 200 ml of cream
- 100 g butter
- 275 gr un
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 150ml its
For the above:
- Chopped rind of 1 orange
- Granulated sugar
- For the meringue, mix granulated sugar, grated cardamom, a pinch of salt and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Transfer the egg whites to a bowl. Beat the sugar mixture that you previously blended with the egg whites at the highest speed of the mixer.
- In such a way that the meringue mixture does not flow from the end of the mixer; Beat for 5-8 minutes until smooth and shiny consistency.
- When you turn the bowl in which you whisk the meringue mixture, if the mixture reaches a consistency that will not spill, you are on the right track.
- 22 cm on baking paper. Draw a circle in diameter and spread the meringue mixture to form a crown with the help of a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated 130 degree oven for 2 hours. Open the oven door and let it cool inside the oven.
- For the cream, sift and mix the sugar, starch, salt and flour.
- Cook the milk, water, eggs, coffee and starch mixture in a sauce pan to the consistency of custard.
- Add the butter last and boil a few more times. Take it from the stove. In a separate bowl, beat the cream until foamy and add it to the cooled coffee mixture.
- Stir with a spatula by venting from bottom to top. Serve the sauce with the meringue.
- If desired, you can cut the meringue julienne and decorate it with orange peels dipped in granulated sugar.